Romans 5:7-9

For one will scarcely die for a righteous person—though perhaps for a good person one would dare even to die—but God shows his love for us in that while we were still sinners, Christ died for us. Since, therefore, we have now been justified by his blood, much more shall we be saved by him from the wrath of God.

Tuesday, August 7, 2007

The Fruit of The Vine

It has been 3 weeks since I have posted. It just seems as though I have been far too busy to do so. So to the left, I have inserted a photo of some of the produce from our garden this year. As simple a pleasure as it is, there really are few things in life which are as satisfying to me as harvest! I hope everyone enjoys the photo as much as I have enjoyed the tomato sandwiches and the fried squash! Praise God for His blessings over our veggie production, and may He bless your life with many harvests as well!





7 comments:

Anonymous said...

Great pic!!
I have enjoyed the veggies of your labor!!
I love you!!
Melissa

Greg Stancil said...

I hate tomatoes, but that pic makes me hungry. Did you really take that or did you download it off of veggies.com?

Jason Payton said...

You really do hate tomatoes? That's just un-American, or maybe it's just...un-Italian :) I took that photo on Monday night; I picked 13 tomatoes off of our 5 plants, a zucchini, a cucumber and a hand full of "half-runner" green beans--that was our biggest harvest yet!

Greg Stancil said...

Dude,

The way I feel about tomatoes would be similar to the way you feel about semi-pelagians. Just the thought of them causes me to do a baby barf (that would be one of those weird nasty burps where you throw up in your mouth a littel bit).

I think tomatoes are an unfortunate result of the fall (as are semi-pelagians)and should be avoided as such.

All that being said, great pic ;)

Jason Payton said...

So you view tomatoes as a heresy of veggology and their dissemination has been the result of years of effort by false chefs? :)

Vinnie Beichler said...

Great picture! And how about the salsa that you are going to make with those tomatoes? Please bring them by tonight. I don't care what time.

Jason Payton said...

No prob. Melissa may have dropped some off today.