Romans 5:7-9

For one will scarcely die for a righteous person—though perhaps for a good person one would dare even to die—but God shows his love for us in that while we were still sinners, Christ died for us. Since, therefore, we have now been justified by his blood, much more shall we be saved by him from the wrath of God.

Wednesday, March 19, 2008

Mysterious China: entry #11 Passport, what Pasport!?!

Last night was quite exciting. We went to another "seafood restaurant" where we all eat family style at a large round table with a lazy Susan, and many dishes--banquet style, if you will. When we left, I carried my coat (efu) out and it had my planner in the pocket, as always. Well, at some point it fell out as we left. The most important thing to note is that the planner contained my passport. When we got back to the hotel I noticed it was missing--I looked everywhere! I was in China without a passport--and we were to travel the very next day. I contacted Mark, who was in his room down the hall, and he got in touch with his administrative assistant, Kathy. Kathy then called the restaurant and made sure they would hold it and then we caught a cab, and Mark asked Kathy to tell the cabby (by phone) where we wanted to go. 15 minutes later we were leaving the restaurant with my planner and my passport in hand. They had stored it at the front desk, wrapped it in plastic, and requested that I sign for it to take it with me. The shift manager himself came down to tell me to open it to make sure everything was in place. You could tell that he was eager to show us how thorough and trustworthy they were at the restaurant. Melissa, we owe Kathy a gift at furniture market time, or if I ever return, not that she would expect it, we should do something special for her.

Another interesting thing is that the family style restaurants are as big as hotels, 5-10 stories. They are the kind of restaurant where you go it and see all the food you want and pick it all out, and the fish you choose to eat are alive and swimming until the decide to cook it for you. Inside, it looks like a hotel as well, and they take you to your room where you and your guests have their own restroom...simply amazing!
Friday, February 22: 7:15 pm e.s.t.

No comments: