Romans 5:7-9

For one will scarcely die for a righteous person—though perhaps for a good person one would dare even to die—but God shows his love for us in that while we were still sinners, Christ died for us. Since, therefore, we have now been justified by his blood, much more shall we be saved by him from the wrath of God.

Thursday, March 27, 2008

Mysterious China: entry #13 The 36 hour Day

Saturday, February 23: 6:45 pm e.s.t.

I'm finally sitting here in the Beijing international airport waiting on my flight to board. We won't start boarding for another 25 minutes, and then we don't depart for another 30-40 minutes after that. No trouble getting here--the taxi driver was very nice and helpful. In the meantime, I need some coffee...

Sunday, February 24: 5:00 pm e.s.t.

I haven't really felt like writing in a while. Amazingly, it has been more than 28 hours since I woke to begin the trip home. It's really strange when you travel like this, you basically end up living a 36 hour day (with a nap or 2 of course). I talked to you, Melissa, about 2 1/2 hoursr ago; I bought some Day Quill and it has suppressed my cough a bit, but I think it's going to wear off soon. I bought another dose in case that happened. I suppose I would have read or written more on the flight from Tokyo to Detroit if the buttons on my arm console had worked. I couldn't turn on my light, call the attendant, or change the channel or volume, so the entertainment portion of my flight had apparently been canceled. I told the flight attendant, but he didn't seem to share my concern. Just another example of airline service not being held to the same standards as restaurant customer service, "I'm sorry you didn't enjoy your meal sir, here's a free dessert." You don't hear that on an airplane.

Melissa, I'm sorry I haven't been able to shop for anyone on this trip, i'm afraid I didn't have any time to do so. I did get the boys a little something in the airport in Tokyo, but nothing caught my eye there for you.


No comments: