Romans 5:7-9

For one will scarcely die for a righteous person—though perhaps for a good person one would dare even to die—but God shows his love for us in that while we were still sinners, Christ died for us. Since, therefore, we have now been justified by his blood, much more shall we be saved by him from the wrath of God.

Thursday, November 20, 2008

Disputations on Hermeneutics - 4

I posted an older version of those outlines in the last article.  Below are the latest.  I'd invite Dispensationalists and Covenant Theologians alike, to critically observe the lists.
Dispensational Hermeneutical Presuppositions
Compressed Outline
I.            Theism
a.       Immanence
                           i.      Primo Regnum
II.            Scripture Interprets Scripture
III.            Contextual Hierarchy
a.       The Internal & Exclusive Grammatical/Historical Priority of the Old Testament
b.       The Internal & Exclusive Grammatical/Historical Priority of the New Testament
IV.            Distinction between Israel and the Church
a.       Literalism
Covenantal Hermeneutical Presuppositions
Compressed Outline
        I.      Theism
a.       Immanence
                           i.      Primo Regnum
     II.      Analogy of Faith
   III.      Contextual Hierarchy
b.       Literary Genre
  IV.      Christocentricity of Old and New Testament
c.       Expanded Fulfillment
                           i.      Object of Fulfillment > Object of Promise

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

I thought I would post here instead of on TTL. I have met a "Mark" who used to go to Friendly Hills but I don't think that is his last name. Maybe he goes to New Hope in Clemmons? Do you know Nilla and Steve Childs? Nilla is our Church Administrator. Hunter is a great preacher! I like Ben a lot too. Both have preached at Hope.

Anonymous said...

Feel free to e-mail me. msears@windsorinvestments.com

Jason Payton said...

Thanks Mike,

Haven't met them, but I think Mark V. does go to New Hope. Yeah, we love to hear both Hunter and Ben preach the gospel...very different styles though. :)