Romans 5:7-9

For one will scarcely die for a righteous person—though perhaps for a good person one would dare even to die—but God shows his love for us in that while we were still sinners, Christ died for us. Since, therefore, we have now been justified by his blood, much more shall we be saved by him from the wrath of God.

Wednesday, September 16, 2009

God's Knowledge, Who Can Know it? - part 8


     At this point, for those of you who are familiar with the previous series I posted about two years ago regarding this topic, you will begin to see the repetition, particularly concerning the eight questions.
Eight revealing questions
As the discussion of providence, compatibility and God’s knowledge unfolds, I believe eight questions must be answered. I don’t believe that the answer to these questions alone will lead one to saving faith in the God they are intended to describe.  In other words, a mere description of the biblical Christian God does not demand a trust in Him; just like a mere description of blackberry cobbler doesn’t necessitate a desire for or an attraction to it.  In fact, unless the Spirit softens the hearer to the Word of God in addition to the description of Him, it is likely that the hearer will despise the God being described.  Poignantly enough, the “open god” and the “Molinistic god” do not promulgate such disgust; they rather cater to the tastes of dead men, normally inoculating them to the real Christian God and His gospel. Following are the series of questions I believe will facilitate a useful discussion of the matter.
  1. Does God know my future choice?
  2. If God knows my future choice, then was my choice free?
  3. Can I be forced to choice something that I ultimately do not want?
  4. Why do I choose what I choose?
  5. What factors determine or cause my choice?
  6. Could I actually have chosen differently?
  7. Can I choose against the decree of God?
  8. Was my choice determined?
     In the next post I will begin my attempt at answering these questions.

No comments: