Romans 5:7-9

For one will scarcely die for a righteous person—though perhaps for a good person one would dare even to die—but God shows his love for us in that while we were still sinners, Christ died for us. Since, therefore, we have now been justified by his blood, much more shall we be saved by him from the wrath of God.

Wednesday, June 6, 2007

first time out...

Well I finally decided to dive into the blogoshere. Please note that the aesthetics here may shift from time to time as I am familiarizing myself with the editing tools (not to mention the fact that I like such a change from time to time).


Just a little about the title of my blog: simul justus et peccatore is a Latin phrase used at least as long ago as the German reformer, Martin Luther, and brought to my attention about 4 years ago by R.C. Sproul, a man who emits the doctrine of justification by faith alone. The phrase encapsulates the idea that the apostle Paul put forth in Romans 7 as he described the Christian situation as, having been made no longer slaves of sin, yet remaining sinners, but as Christians always struggling against that sin nature.


Another tid-bit of information about myself, what I call my "digital signature", that name I use to sign my comments on other blogs, and emails, etc. jAsOn - I use it as a consolidation of the closing "In Christ" and my typical signature "Jason", so that in my name (the representation of myself) I have Christ (represented by the Alpha and the Omega). Christ spoke of this in John 17:


22 The glory that you have given me I have given to them, that they may be one even as we are one, 23 I in them and you in me, that they may become perfectly one, so that the world may know that you sent me and loved them even as you loved me. 24 Father, I desire that they also, whom you have given me, may be with me where I am, to see my glory that you have given me because you loved me before the foundation of the world

That's all for now, just an intro, but more to come if the Lord wills.

jAsOn

4 comments:

Vinnie Beichler said...

Welcome! I know this sinner can't wait to hear more from you in the future!

Greg Stancil said...

let me be the second to welcome you to the blogsphere...the page looks great, and nothing like a little latin to kick the intellect into high gear...

Jason Payton said...

Thanks for commenting guys. I hope we don't spead ourselves too thin trying to keep up with all these blog entries between the three of us.

Melissa said...

Nice!!
It's about time you joined the blogsphere!
Can't wait to read more of your stuff.
I love you!!